Friday, April 27, 2007

Holy Hollick!

Woo hoo!!! finally passed grape-girl on the wine blog voting site - and my (male) buddies said they would vote for her and not me...something about her being better looking than me?
And, thank you for all your support - you know who you are.
Tonights wine got a "96" from a wine rating site I have had good luck with. So I ordered half a dozen bottles, one for each of the next 6 years. The Hollick, Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, 2002 is a black wine with a black stained cork. So far, so good. The nose is not that aromatic (koko called it "chocolate brick". huh?). Rather medium bodied, it has fine tannins that do not whack the palate. The first sip mimicked a joosy shiraz, but it quickly became dirty (earthy). I can't make my mind up - it is definitely not a wow wine in this state of development, and it is definitely not a crap wine...I give it a "good". It will be interesting to see how it develops, but I have this sneaking suspicion it is already on the slippery downslope to mediocrity....
Value? Just "ok" in the low $20's.

Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home