Thursday, November 08, 2007

Freedom

Freedom is the liberty to drink anything you want. And this is something you may want to consider drinking. The Liberty School, Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles 2004 has a lot to offer. Importantly, it is cheap (for California cab) at $18, and widely available. Perhaps more importantly, the overall quality of this wine appears to be improving yearly. My only beef with it is that there seems to be some bottle variation - this is the third bottle of this vintage that I have had and it is not quite as good as earlier quaffs.
A fruity nose bodes well but there was distinct lack of vanilla oak wafting out of the glass that I remember was present when I last tasted it. Full bodied blackberry cherry cola palate with moderate tannins is also a plus but I miss the seam of oakiness that I like and remember.
Moderately long finish.
All in all, a "good" wine, and again, worth the money.
Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home